Monday, April 11, 2011

Sewing on Patches?

Ok.  I’m blown away that I’m old enough to have a boy, old enough, to be in scouts!  Sewing on the few patches onto Isaac’s brand new shirt made it all real.  Isaac just had his first pinewood derby and rocked the house.  Most of the time he either took 1st or 2nd place.  Good job Isaac and Daddy.  His car happened to weigh the lightest compared to the rest when they first weighed them.  So the bottom had quite a few washers to weigh it down.

IMAG0682 IMAG0684

IMG_0290IMG_0291IMG_0295IMG_0296

IMG_0297

176 is a very special number in my family.  It was my Grandpa’s (my Dad’s dad) favorite number.  For some reason every time something good happened that number would pop up somewhere.  I’ll have to ask my Dad to refresh my memory with some of the stories and then write them in another post.  We thought we’d try the number out for good luck.  It worked!  And that’s just what Isaac said when the races were over.  “Mommy, 176 worked!”

IMG_0299IMG_0312IMG_0300IMG_0302IMG_0315IMG_0316IMG_0325IMG_0326

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Way to go Isaac!!