Monday, January 2, 2012

The New Family Tradition

We’ve always had a system down where we rotate who gives gifts to who for Christmas time.  This year it would have gone like this:

Kristin’s family gives to Mike’s family

Jason’s family gives to Tay’s family

Michelle’s family gives to Kristin’s family

Dave’s family gives to Jason’s family

Mike’s family gives to Michelle’s family

Tay’s family gives to Dave’s family

Well we decided to change this tradition ‘cause some in the family didn’t want to do it anymore. 

So… we came up with a new way to continue a family tradition amongst the Proudfit siblings.

From here on out, we will get the cousins together for a Christmas craft, sugar cookie decorating, and a white elephant exchange.  Each child must bring something purchased for $5. 

It turned out great!  I was a little worried the exchange would bring up a few tantrums and unhappiness from the little ones, but there was none of that.   

IMG_8434

IMG_8435IMG_8438
IMG_8441 IMG_8444
IMG_8445
IMG_8448 IMG_8451 IMG_8453
IMG_8454 IMG_8455 IMG_8457

Then the kids had fun making snow globes.

IMG_8458 IMG_8460

IMG_8459

All that’s needed it a dash of glycerin mixed into the water and a bit of glitter.  We hot glued the little trinkets to the inside lid.

IMG_8462

And the last activity… sugar cookies.

IMG_8464IMG_8465IMG_8466

IMG_8472 IMG_8475
IMG_8474

2 comments:

Mary said...

What a great idea! I love the snowglobes - I have lots and lots of canning jars that I don't use anymore. Now I know what I can do with them! Did someone make the gift Kallie got? My Olivia would LOVE that in her room.

Melody said...

Kallie's gift was bought, I think at Ross?