“Ok Mommy”
Jars
In addition to the happy face charts, we’ve started a new thing. My kids have begun to get back into the habit of huffin’ and puffin’ anytime I ask them to do anything. “I did it last time, it’s not my turn, humphhhh, Why do I have to do it? What?? But I don’t want to!” are the words I hear WAY to often.
So my friend mentioned something she’s been doing and it got me to try it out. And so far, the “Ok, Mommy” jars have worked wonders. My kids are working towards their own incentives, they’ve come up with themselves. Jaidyn wants to take a trip to Barnes and Noble for a book, Isaac and Kallie want a trip to the movies, and Dagen… not sure what she wants, but she really has done pretty well filling her jar. She’s has as much kernals as the others.
Everytime I ask them to do something, if their response is “Ok, Mommy”, they get a 1/2 tsp of kernals to put in their jar.
9 comments:
Alright... that's the BEST idea ever! I'm doing it. I would LOVE to hear "ok mommy" more often in this house. :)
Cute idea. I should do this for Liv. Eric has taking over parenting while I've been so yucky and he said that she never listens to him. Great idea!!
You always have the best ideas. I need to do this. I think my kids would really love it too! Dagen really is soooo pretty. I love that long gorgeous, dark hair of hers.
What I was really shooting for was, "Straight away mother", but I guess "Ok, Mommy", will have to do.
I like your idea too Mel! I might change mine up a bit, I like the "Ok Mommy" addition. ;)
p.s How do you know the Riggios??? I used to work with Dave Riggio! For like 5 years! How funny!?!?
NO WAY! Small world. She does my hair. She used to do my sis n laws hair and grew up in the same area and knew Mike's family. Small world!
you should have made it a "yes ma'am" jar. :0) Great idea, its always nice when things work for the positive!
Maybe that'll be the next set of jars. "Yes, mam... love you, Mommy" jars.
Post a Comment