Water Babies
My kids LOVE the water, unlike their mama. I don’t know why I’ve never enjoyed watersports or swimming. I mean, I’ll be a good sport about it all, just don’t ever find me asking to do any of it. My kids on the otherhand, can spend ALL DAY playing in the water. In fact, Isaac and Jaidyn DID! Monday, Ron and Judy rented a pontoon boat that fit 11, for anyone in the family who wanted to enjoy some sun. We took shifts. Heather and Dave and their kids went for 3 hours in the morning, then left, followed by Jas, Cyn and the kids and myself, Kallie, and Dagen, then we left, then it was Becky, Tay’s and their kids turn to enjoy. Jaidyn, Isaac, and Mike were the exception to the shift- takin’. There was room for 3 to stay all day long. So they took it. Troopers, I say. So they applied some heavy sunscreen three times during their 9 hrs on the boat.
They loved it! But, THIS is what they looked like as soon as they walked through the door. I couldn’t help but burst out in laughter at how beaten they looked. I know how I felt after 3 hrs, I could only imagine. hahahaha
They immediately began to show me all their scratches and burns they got from holding on to the tube and climbing onto the boat.
And they were just fine until the pain from their tubing wounds and the tiredness finally kicked in when they sat to eat a little Panda Express for dinner. Poor babies. They really took a beaten.
The boat had been filled with Ho hos, Oreos, powdered donuts, and tons more junk to fill up on. There was plenty of fruit too, but the kids weren’t coming close to any of that stuff. They indulged themselves with no limit set from me at all. That night, in the middle of the night, Jaidyn came down to tell me she felt like throwing up. And sure enough… she did. Too much junk + too much sun = upset stomach. Poor girl.
2 comments:
Poor kids. They look so sad. Keffords parents have a boat and we all love to go out on it. I wanted to see pictures of you riding the tube! COme girl where is your adventurous spirit?! hahaha! What a fun day!
oh and I forgot to ask...was Mike boohooing too? Big baby! hahaha
Post a Comment