Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Monthly Family Hike

Some families boat together, some run, some golf.  I wanted something for our family.  And I wanted to do this something once a month to go along with our monthly visit to the nursing home.  Mike and I decided our family “thing” would be hiking.  There’s so many places to hike, it was an easy thing to agree upon.  I’m sure you’re wondering how we can hike in 115 degree weather, but with spray bottles and hiking at 7am, it’s surprisingly enjoyable.  The temp is around 100 but there is a constant breeze.  We have another hike coming up this weekend.  Eventually we will be able to point at every mountain around us and say we’ve hiked each one.

The family who plays together, stays together.IMG_0010IMG_0021IMG_0011IMG_0012IMG_0013IMG_0014IMG_0015IMG_0018

We end each of our hikes with a trip to the Circle K for Slurpees!

IMG_0024IMG_0028

No comments: