Thursday, March 18, 2010

He Got Away!!!

The kids woke us bright and early at 6:25am, after Mike and I had gone to bed around 12:30am.  We were pretty tired.  The excitement was there though, just as if it had been Christmas morning. 

That little leprechaun came and destroyed our house.  He turned the toilet water green in all the bathrooms, turned our milk green, sprinkled all the confetti everywhere I had bought for Becky’s party, painted on my kids’ faces, and even took my green spray paint I bought to do the kids’ hair the next day, and sprayed Kallie’s hair… while she slept soundly.

IMG_3119 IMG_3121 IMG_3124IMG_3146 IMG_3147IMG_3140IMG_3149IMG_3141IMG_3142IMG_3143IMG_3144

He left a note  inside the hat with a bunch of gold chocolate coins in place of the pirate coins he stole.

IMG_3145

And when the kids were pouring their Lucky Charms Cereal, Froot Loops cereal came out.  They were really confused and couldn’t believe how tricky that ‘lil leprechaun is.

IMG_3152IMG_3157IMG_3155

Becky always throws the best parties, even on St. Patrick’s Day and last year when we went, my kids didn’t even know what St. Patrick’s Day was.  We showed up with not one piece of green clothing about us and got a lot of slack from the Irish Queen for never really celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. 

I made sure this time to be really prepared.  I bought the kids St. Patrick’s Day shirts, sprayed their hair green, painted green nail polish on the girls’ nails, and painted a green clover on their faces.

I wish I had a picture of how cute they looked, but I forgot to take one.  I was so busy with having three of the kids’ friends over and making dinner for someone in our ward who just had a baby and making green mashed potatoes for the party, oh yeah… and rainbow cupcakes, all at the same time, that I totally forgot to. 

Take my word for it, though… they were adorable.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE IT!! Next year we are going to try and catch us a lepracaun (sp?) to!! I can't believe how many tricks the one you had played. Very impressive little guy!