Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hike Up Usery

Mountain

Michelle planned a fun Family Home Evening with all who could make it.  We were missing Jas and Cyn and their family, ’cause their kids were not on spring break yet.  The hike up was a killer mile and half up, and a mile and a half down.  I made it only halfway up and then bailed and went back down with Dagen, Kallie, Becky, and Jameson.  Most of the way down, was with Dagen on my back or shoulders.  Killer I say! 

IMG_3039 IMG_3040 IMG_3041 IMG_3042 IMG_3051 IMG_3045IMG_3052IMG_3053IMG_3055IMG_3056IMG_3059IMG_3060IMG_3062IMG_3066IMG_3071 IMG_3072IMG_3073IMG_3075IMG_3078IMG_3080

There were injuries.  Dagen made it safely back from the hike and we drove a little ways back to our reserved spot and then as soon as she stepped out of the car, she fell into a cactus.  Serious venom!  Those buggers were stuck all over her pants and Becky helped me get them off her, but they left these bumpy welts all over her butt and leg.  Poor baby.  I had one stick to my leg when helping her and it killed and tingled and itched.  She got over it fast though and went to the playground to play and then showed off her bum wounds to everyone when they came back from the hike. 

IMG_3082

Isaac fell on his hands and had a bad scratch behind his knee.  Jaidyn scraped up both HER knees, and Lydia fell also.  Rough times, but the kids had fun.  Definitely heard about it when we got home and they were getting into bed. 

(crying) “I can’t bend my leg!  The water (during their shower) is stinging it!!!  My hand hurts!!!”

IMG_3083IMG_3088IMG_3086IMG_3094IMG_3096

We celebrated Heather’s bday.

IMG_3097IMG_3100

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Ahhh... I'm sure it was a great time. I'm breakin' out in a sweat just thinking about all the scorpions crawling all over that place. I gotta get out of bed now and check my sheets to make sure there aren't any in my bed.