Sunday, May 15, 2011

Easter Traditions

The kids had a great time dying eggs.  It was a little easier this year.  A LITTLE easier.  It’s still always a stressful thing to have all this dye there waiting to be tipped over.  I got some great ideas from a blog I read around that time, but didn’t see them until after we did our eggs.  But next year, I want to wrap rubber bands around the eggs before dipping them.  The stripes turn out great!  I also saw that some people paint their eggs after they’ve dyed them and they’ve dried.  So, we’ll be getting a little more creative next year.

IMG_0368IMG_0369

IMG_0370

This was my one creation.

IMG_0373

We filled all the eggs over at Michelle’s house a couple days before the hunt.  We never counted all the eggs though, before setting them out, but they filled an entire huge garbage bag.  We were crazy enough to think that wouldn’t be enough.

The kids swam in Grandma and Grandpa’s heated pool. 

IMG_0375IMG_0377IMG_0383IMG_0384

We let the little ones go first. 

(Dagen, Lucy, Jameson, and Lydia)

IMG_0385IMG_0386

And then we let the bigger kids head out. 

It’s been so much fun living close to so much family. 

IMG_0388IMG_0389

IMG_0393 IMG_0394
IMG_0398 IMG_0402
IMG_0403 IMG_0404
IMG_0405 IMG_0406
IMG_0408 IMG_0411

IMG_0409IMG_0410IMG_0412IMG_0413IMG_0414

I love the way the kids like to organize their candy.  It’s just like Halloween!  I remember doing the same when I was a kid, just to see how much of what you had.

IMG_0422

IMG_0421 IMG_0416
IMG_0418

No comments: