Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Family Time

I’m so grateful for discovering the blogging world.  I know you’re thinking what does this have to do with the title of this post?  Well,  I don’t know. 

Sometimes I feel like I’m not doing enough to be a good mommy or wife or that I need to be doing more.  But when I look back at my blog, or when I continue to add more posts to my blog, I see that I AM doing a lot.

I just feel that sometimes, after all the bickering, after all the teasing and fighting from the kids, after a long day of errands and cleaning up messes, and yelling, and arguing with my 4 year old, and being grumpy from it all and not having that happy smile a good wife should have when her husband comes home from a long day at work, or wanting that “me” time all the time… that I’m just not the great Mommy or wife that I want to be or should be.  I know that none of us are perfect, and that all the craziness that happens in a family with four kids is normal, I just often find myself going to bed feeling guilty for the way the day went.  You know those many moments you go do one last check on your kids before heading to bed and you see them sleeping there so sweetly? I stand there thinking back to all the yelling I did that day and wish I could have just controlled myself and taken a sec to step back and see that what I yelled about really wasn’t worth yelling over or losing my temper over.  You know?

Does any of this make sense?

I guess what I’m trying to say is… that my blog makes me feel better about me.  I look at it and I see so many sweet fun moments.  And I see that they are often!  And it makes me want to do more.  And it makes me proud of the mommy that I am every time I look back.  I still have many many moments of feeling regret at the way I’ve handled situations, but this blog has given me new sight.

Life is Good.

IMG_3878 IMG_3876
IMG_3879IMG_3880IMG_3848IMG_3850IMG_3852IMG_3854IMG_3857

2 comments:

Griffiths said...

I hear ya! I think every Mom has many moments where they feel guilty about their days. I wish I was better at my blog. You do such a good job at yours. I know you are a great mommy! So don't feel guilty. There were so many great conference talks this recent conference that helped boost me up. So grateful they spoke about it.

Nikki said...

You is smart, you is kind, you is important!