My Dear, Sweet, Happy Kallie
Mike and I were able to spend a week with my family before leaving for a 7 day cruise with about 35 of Mike’s employees. And the cruise happened to fall right during Kallie’s birthday of Jan 28th. It’s happened before in the past. So we decided to celebrate with my family before we left and then celebrate again with Mike’s family when we got back.
The day before her party, Kallie lost a tooth. I had tried twice before, to pull this tooth out ‘cause she was looking a lot like Nanny McPhee and it was driving me bonkers, but I couldn’t get that sucker out even though it was hanging by a thread. What was wrong with me? Had I lost my touch?
Becky was the one to pull Kallie’s second bottom tooth out and I guess Kallie had lost all confidence in my tooth pulling skills, as had I. So she would not let me have another go at it. She insisted that Becky do it and she didn’t want to hurt my feelings but that Becky was just better at it and she “twists” the tooth out. So the first chance she got at seeing Becky, she handed her a tissue and said, “Please pull this out.”
… And it came out. Hmph.
Jan 20th:
Kallie got to open one of her two presents from us, before she went to school. She really wanted her hair curled for school that day, so of ‘course, she got her curly hair wish.
…And a dollar under her pillow from the tooth fairy.
After school, Kallie was in for a big surprise from Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Leslie. They treated her and the kids all to Sky Jump. We all went and had some fun, wearing ourselves out fast.
Jaidyn has gotten pretty good at her back handsprings.
Thank you, Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Leslie!
The boys had a dunking contest and Jaidyn got in and showed those boys.
When we got home, we had a simple party with brownies (‘cause Kallie requested it, and is not into cake, AT ALL) and a few games of musical chairs (also her request).
FUNNY THING: Seconds after blowing out her candles, she sneezed all over the brownies. Spit everywhere. Sneeze of all sneezes! We had to wipe the frosting off and re frost the sucker.
OLE!
This is Kallie’s victory dance after winning the 1st round.
The kids got a big kick out of baby Brinley joining round 2.
She did surprisingly well for her age! (hahaha)
And we couldn’t tell who won!
Then baby Brinley got aggressive!
I JUST LOVE MY FAMILY.
No comments:
Post a Comment