Bubble Bath Advent
How is a bubble bath done as an advent calendar idea? Well. Take a look. All you need is a bunch of bubbles and not a care in the world about the watery mess they are going to make in your bathroom. These guys splashed ALL OVER! Poor Jaidyn had strept throat and was in tons of pain with every swallow. She had thrown up that morning, and had a constant 102.6 fever, which are both signs of strept, oh and a rash on her stomach (scarlet fever).
We quickly got her on some antibiotics. But she still wasn’t feeling better for a couple days. So THIS is what she was doing while the kids were screaming and laughing in the other room. Poor girl.
Then, it was Jaidyn’s turn. The kids were getting ready for bed and reading in bed for awhile, while Jaidyn had some peace and quiet in her bubble bath. I sat and kept her company. When I drained the tub and told her to get out and get to bed, she laid in the waterless bathtub in the dead pose for a couple minutes, and then finally got out.
And this is what I looked like. I know. Scary.
I was overwhelmed, tired, drained, and felt like I had no more to give. I’ve just given my all to everyone lately and was feeling it hard that night. I cried. Got into my robe. And took some “me time” and went to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment