SATURDAY
Ok… NOT so used to this frigid weather. We had the heater blasting hard all night, so the first step out the door was a big wake up call.
This was the view out our back window. I could totally imagine a vampire or werewolf peeking through the trees. Can’t you?
Our hotel room was huge. It had a separate little sitting area and a kitchen as well.
This was the café Bella ate with her dad in the book. Great food and very cozy place.
The food here was ginormous! The cinnamon roll and pancake were the size of the plates.
We were all really impressed with the pace and amount of food Tay was taking in. hee hee
We went looking into some of the Twilight shops.
This guy had us dancing to the beat of the drum in his store. He was hilarious. He made the mallet in Jason’s hand, which in fact, later became a purchase Jason made along with the drum. This guy gave us a little history on the Quileute tribe too!
We took a short hike through the rainforest, less than 2 miles to1st Beach. By far, one of the coolest beaches I’ve ever been to.
Loved the squishy swampy ground. Moss everywhere!
As for this tree, if you look closely, you’ll see the it ends halfway up, but grew a new tree on either side of it. Just amazing. Never seen anything like it before.
This was where the waves could be heard and the beach was just starting to peek through the trees.
The trees washed up onto the shore was a sight to see. Beautiful.
This is what happens to my hair in the cold wet air after taking off my hat. nice. Do I look like a real tourist fan with my new Forks shirt?
Can you see the eagle flying overhead?
Dave found the most creatures in the rocks. GO DAVE!
an eel? and a hermit crab
Let’s see if it’ll hold a shell.
For all those Goonie fans out there, do you remember the part with the rock, where they matched up the holes to the mountains? Well, I found a rock just like it at this beach! Check it out.
I learned a little something from Mike. If you have a sting of some sort, rub the back of a fern onto it for relief. Hmmm.
If I could choose a cabin of my own, it would be this one. Every detail of it, is just perfect.
Each of us had on 2 jackets and a coat. We felt like the kid on Christmas story. When you looked up or to the side you had to turn your whole body.
The trees are unbelievably gorgeous. They look enchanted!
We checked into our hotel after our hiking, in time to freshen up for a fun, yummy dinner at Bella Italia. This is where Bella and Edward go on their first date in the book.
The restaurant environment was so romantic and cute. The lights were dim with flickering candles at every table in addition to the roses, apple, and chess pieces. Very Twilightish!
Peek Peek!
Mike and I ordered some calamari, thinking it would be fried, but it came like this. I was so creeped out. So why not eat a spider guys, huh?
Becky ordered the signature plate of Bella mushrooms.
Fact: The restaurant was named Bella Italia long before the Twilight books and movies were made.
TMI:
Bad burp. yuck. Literally burned my throat for the rest of the night. Brought me to tears. No warning, never had one before. I was dying.
And why not do another round of Baskin Robbins guys? I sat in the car, waiting in pain, chewing on ice.
No comments:
Post a Comment