Friday, June 25, 2010

Father’s Day

2010

Here is an argument Mike and I have had since spring. 

Mike wants to make sure the grass is watered and green. 

I want to make sure the grassy part is ok for the kids to play on and not a swamp land that brings every single fly and bug into our yard.

This is what Father’s Day morning looked like in our backyard.  We ALWAYS  have problems with our sprinklers and EVERY TIME the yard gets flooded like this, Mike says, “Honey, I’ll fix the timer on it… I’ll fix the broken sprinkler head… or I’ll fix it so it only goes on for 15 min a day.”

… and he DOES… try to fix them, but the yard for some odd reason… KEEPS FLOODING!!

****Sigh****

IMG_6813

The kids made breakfast for Daddy. 

Mike’s request for Father’s Day breakfast:  sausage links, scrambled eggs with cheese, and a toasted bagel with butter and honey. 

IMG_6824

His wish was my command.

IMG_6829

We woke Mike at 7, ‘cause he JUST DOESN’T LIKE TO SLEEP IN. 

(can you believe that?  That’s what I LOVE about Mother’s Day… sleeping in.)

IMG_6815

After breakfast, the kids lined up to give Daddy their presents to him.

IMG_6832 IMG_6830

Here are the coupons that Kallie came up with for Daddy.  She had me write them on a piece of paper and then copied them onto her own cut up papers.  Her handwriting was impressive. 

IMG_6846IMG_6834

Here is Isaac’s card to Daddy.  I like the pictures below of each numbered reason he loves his Daddy.

IMG_6835

His stick figures are adorable.  Look at the bottom right picture of Mike and Isaac playing Wii together.  And the one above it of Mike making a shake in a blender.

IMG_6836

And here are Isaac’s coupons he came up with.  He made two of each one.

IMG_6848

Jaidyn was so proud of her first Father’s Day purchase for Daddy.  She spent $5 of her own money and bought a book called I Love You Daddy.  Mike read it with her upstairs soon after.

IMG_6838

She also made this cute card for him.

IMG_6845

Dagen was VERY BUSY trying on Daddy’s shoes the whole time.

IMG_6842 IMG_6839

Mike’s Father’s Day Dinner request:  country style bbq ribs, corn on the cob, peas, and caesar salad.

 IMG_6851

Isaac absolutely positutely loves caesar salad. 

“I love caesar salad more than the moon!”

IMG_6852

Jaidyn can’t get enough ribs. 

“This is the BEST DINNER OF MY WHOLE LIFE!”

IMG_6853

It was a great day. 

IMG_6861IMG_6856

The kids and I love their Daddy to pieces.  He is the best Daddy ever!

No comments: