Father/Son
Campout
It was that time again, for another Ward Father/Son Campout. Isaac has been really looking forward to this.
He said he loves going with Daddy, 'cause he gets to carve a stick all by himself with a KNIFE. Something my son and I WOULD NOT be doing together if it was a Mother/Daughter campout. hee hee.
Mike has been saving this knife that he made, to give to Isaac. And when Isaac got home, all he wanted to do was show this thing off to everyone. In fact, when his cousin, Collin, asked him over to play, Isaac asked if he could bring his knife with him to play with Collin. I’m sure you all could imagine my reaction to such a suggestion.
He also got another lesson on gun usage. I don’t think the kid needed one, for what I heard. I guess the first shot taken nailed the soda can right in the middle. And he hit several other cans with no problem at all. I don’t know if I should be proud or worried!
Later, they hiked through a cave and Mike said that Isaac was trying to put on a brave face, but failed in his attempt. He looked worried as ever and kept saying he wasn’t scared. Mike had to tell him over and over again, that it’s ok, and that they WERE going to be able to get out. I asked him about it later and he said, “It was really dark, Mommy, and I knew there was only one way out and I didn’t want the cave to fall on us or close the way out.”
Poor baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment