Super Nanny
THIS is what got me through half the summer. The second half of summer was pretty rough. There were arguments and bickering constantly between the kids, teasing, huffing and puffing about things I would ask them to do, screaming (mostly from Dagen, but not always), and lots and lots of bossing. I don’t know how many times I had to say, “There’s only one boss in this house and it’s certainly not you.” But it did no good, they would just worry about what their brother or sister was doing wrong and tell them how to do it right. So the only solution I could come up with… besides, praying, reading my scriptures, and putting some wholesome spa and church music in the house :), was… this.
I recalled many many Super Nanny Episodes I had watched years back and she always said, “Even though the kids “know” the rules, post them up.” And so I did. I made them simple and I made them clear and bold. And guess what? It was a miracle. The bickering stopped all together. The bossing eased up a great deal. The teasing stopped. Let’s be honest… Isaac is the main teaser in the family, but what boy isn’t. The kids were quick to obey when I asked them to do something for me, and the screaming stopped because there was no teasing and no bossing! This saved me!
The check marks shown were for the first week. The days were divided into rows. They never reached grounding to their room and I was very proud of that. Isaac’s checks were all for teasing. Jaidyn’s for bossing, and Kallie’s for screaming. Pretty funny. Dagen wasn’t included, but she was following the kids examples, so she was covered.
No comments:
Post a Comment