Thursday, May 7, 2009

SCARY Toy

When we first moved into this house, I honestly thought that Dagen’s room was haunted, not our house, but her room.  Every time I’d put her to bed somehow when I’d go check on her, her bedroom door would be open.  I kept telling the kids she’s sleeping and to stop opening her door.  “But Mommy, we DON’T open her door EVER.” 

Me:  (so annoyed) “Well, someone keeps doing it and it’s not me, so just stop ok.  I don’t want you guys waking her up.”

Then later after telling Mike about it, and being totally SERIOUS about thinking that there’s a bad spirit or something in her room, he went and tested things out.  He finally figured out that there is a gust of wind that goes through Jaidyn’s room through the shared bathroom going to Dagen’s room and therefore, keeps blowing the door open.  I still wasn’t convinced.   Then when I go to get her from her naps sometimes the closet door to the toys is open and I am almost positive that I closed it before her nap.  I must be losing my mind.

CIMG0386So when Mike was out of town, I’m downstairs and hear music coming from her room long after I had put all the kids down for bed.   And then I recognize what toy it is and Dagen is screaming like someone is attacking her.  I am a huge scaredy-cat and didn’t want to go up to see, but come on… my child is screaming and no one is going to check on her but me.  So I ran upstairs thinking maybe she fell out of her crib or climbed out and was playing with toys? 

She was in her crib screaming and pointing at the closet where the toy immediately stops playing mid-song as I walk in the door.  MID-song!  Never ever have I had that toy stop in the middle of the song while playing.  That toy has been around since Jaidyn was a baby.

CIMG0374

As I am grabbing Dagen out of her crib she  is clinging to me like someone is attacking her.  No joke, she is never like that but she was scared to death of SOMETHING.  It took a long while to comfort her back to sleep.

This happened 2 more times since then, one of those times being last night…. and all three times when Mike is GONE.  Mike didn’t get home until around 9 :30pm and I was typing away on the computer and all of sudden hear the quiet song of this toy upstairs.  I’m searching everywhere hoping that it doesn’t wake up the kids or Dagen.  I found it in the game room ALL BY ITSELF in the middle of the room on the floor, playing away.  Creepy!

I have now found that, YES, there is a gust of wind that pushes Dagen’s door open.  But ONLY when Jaidyn’s bathroom door is open, and Dagen’s is closed and then when I am closing Dagen’s main door, it pushes her bathroom door back open.  Case solved.  CIMG0388

But THIS TOY still remains a mystery.  Is there a spirit child running around playing with this ONE toy or are the batteries running low or what?

I am chucking this toy AWAY. 

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Ewwww! Creepy! Chuck the toy for sure. How scary would that be if it showed up again. Even after you through it out!!! Ahhh.... I hate things like this. Spooky stuff always gives me the chills.

Griffiths said...

WE have had some creepy toys too. We have this animal puzzle that makes the animal sound when you put the puzzle piece on it. And one month late at night I would walk by the toys and hear the creepy cat one do it's "meoooww". No one around playing with it, just a "meow" from the dark corner. It did it a couple of times, and thankfully lately I haven't heard it anymore. Now it's our rocking horse. It keeps making the galloping sound, which is more annoying then creepy cause it does it all the time!

Erin said...

So....I'm assuming you haven't heard the story about the little girl who lived in your house before you....?? I was surprised when someone finally bought the house..., knowing it's past. I'm sure it's really nothing though.
The toy probably just needs new batteries. I've had toys do the same thing, but when I changed out the batteries.....problem solved.
Oh.....and I'm totally kidding about the previous owners. (I never heard anything about the previous owners) Sorry...I couldn't resist! =)

Shelaine said...

Okay, if I were you I would be having Mike using the Priesthood for a blessing in her room. Didn't you guys dedicate the house when you moved in? We always do that in every house.
It was probably all just coincidence but its better to be safe than sorry.
I probably would have freaked out of my mind! (But only if I'd been watching something about crime or scary stuff on tv right before it happened - lol)
Good luck!!