Sunday, May 10, 2009

A VERY Happy

Mother’s Day

This morning I woke to the smell of breakfast in the air.  Yummy sausage, eggs, and french toast.  I’ve learned from past Mother’s Days, NOT to leave my bed until the kids come to get me, or surprises may get ruined.  So I laid there awake with my eyes closed enjoying some precious relax time of not having to worry about a thing.  The kids came in to get me all smiles and extra cuddly.  “HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY! Come see all your surprises.  You’re going to love them!  Come on, Mommy, let’s go.”

Knowing that I had little time to waste since church is at the early hour of 9am, I was rushed into the kitchen pulled by my kids to a beautiful presentation of breakfast.  CIMG0417CIMG0418CIMG0420We started putting this bag over Dagen’s chair to keep it from getting “nastified”.  She is a big wiggle worm and her hands are always all over the back of the seat.CIMG0422 The kids showered me with their homemade gifts they worked so hard in at school.  Jaidyn had her gift hidden under this Harkin’s Theater cup. hahahaCIMG0419Jaidyn painted me a pot with some basil inside and on the back of her card was a fresh basil pesto recipe.CIMG0423

CIMG0449

CIMG0424

CIMG0425Isaac made me a cute bookmark.  I totally needed one for my Twilight books I’m reading AGAIN.CIMG0430

CIMG0431Happy Mother’s Day.  I hope you have a good day.

CIMG0433 And this was a bag of potpourri to put in my drawer.  So thoughtful.  I guess my clothes are stinky or something.CIMG0435 Kallie was so cute about her card.  She told me all about it before I could even hold it.  She said she wrote Happy Mudder’s Day on the front (she could’ve fooled me) and drew a me a happy sun and a happy flower and a bracelet.

  CIMG0453

CIMG0454Then after a yummy breakfast, my cutie hubbie pulled out a hand written card full of heart-felt words and lots of mushy stuff… and a BIG white box.  CIMG0439Inside the box was a BRAND NEW CAMERA!  I am so excited to figure how to use this thing and get all professional-like with it.  It’s looks very intimidating!CIMG0457Thank you my babies for a very special, wonderful Mother’s Day. 

I am so thankful to be a mommy.  I love that I can be a stay-at-home mom and spend every minute of the day with my babies.  I love that my kids and husband help me to be a better me.  I love the experiences that have come with motherhood and the many more to come.  EVERYDAY I look forward to laughing with my kids and to listening to their cute stories they have to share with me about school and themselves.  I LOVE being a mom. 

I am so thankful for MY mommy.  She dedicated every minute of HER day to ME and my brother.  She gave her ALL and still does.  She has taught me to love life and to enjoy everything about it, to love the Lord with all my heart, to be patient, to show respect, to do my best in all I do, and countless other things.  I am thankful for the things she has taught me and am trying to do those things.  She has always been an amazing example for me.  I love you Mom and Happy Mother’s Day.CIMG9991

CIMG0588

No comments: