Monday, August 10, 2009

Can’t Wait!

My kids have been SO excited for school to start.  Yesterday Jaidyn came down beaming about a dream she had.  “Mommy, you know what I dreamed about?  I dreamed I went to my new school and got to meet new friends and see my teacher.  I CAN’T WAIT ‘til it’s not a dream and it’s for real.”IMG_4616IMG_4617And my little Isaac laid in bed waiting for me to tuck him in last night and when I went in there, he was wiping at his face and he said, “Mommy, you know why I’m crying?”

Me:  “No… You’re crying?  Why?”

Isaac:  “Because I can’t believe I’m going to be in 1st grade!”

Me:  (giggling at my sensitive boy)  “I know… I can’t believe it either.  Soon you’ll be getting your first car and driving, and going on dates and finding a cute girl… and college…. (getting teary eyed myself thinking about it)

Isaac:  (smiling and giggling)  “Goodnight, Mommy.  I love you.”

Me:   “I love you too baby.  See ya tomorrow.” IMG_4621 IMG_4622

 

No comments: