Saturday, August 8, 2009

The kids’

LAST Friday

So the first day of school for Jaidyn and Isaac is Monday.  I can’t believe summer break is over already and we are off to school again.  But the time is here and Mike and I wanted to do something fun with the kids on this last Saturday before break is over. 

Ideas were thrown around between the two of us like Chuck E Cheese, Castles N Coasters, Sunrise Public Pool… all considering whether or not these places would be enjoyable still, with Dagen around who is just at a crazy stage right now. 

Then Mike thought, where is our kids favorite place to eat?  Hmmmm… we thought about that for a sec. and Mike got it.  Buffet.  We then through in the mall afterwards to seal the deal with the kids.  We asked them would you rather go to Chuck E Cheese OR Old Country Buffet.  Couldn’t believe their answers.  It was unanimous… the night would start at the buffet and end at the mall.  WOW.  This place would be great for any picky eater… like my little Kallie and Dagen.  The night turned out adventurous and fun.CIMG1786CIMG1778CIMG1780 CIMG1782 CIMG1783 CIMG1785

All in all… I was rather impressed with my food.  Of course it was no Red Lobsters, but I did have some pretty good fried clams, and popcorn shrimp and steak and a yum yum salad with all the fixin’s.  The kids’ eyeballs were bulging out of their sockets when they tried to decide on dessert from the wide variety available.

The kids NEVER go to the mall unless it is for Halloween pics or seeing Santa, so being there reminds them of how much fun it is to go.  Jaidyn went into Forever 21 with me and the first thing she did was this.  She said she was an Egyptian girl… I think she meant Arabian.  Jasmine?CIMG1787CIMG1788

She tried on all the accessories and could not go without beggin me for each one.  So fun.  Just wait until she’s old enough to hold a credit card.  I say when she’s 30?CIMG1790 CIMG1791 CIMG1792CIMG1794

Then Mike had to take a few shots of our studly son in some cute hats.  The shop was blaring some screaming heavy metal music and Jaidyn whispered to me, “Mommy, this music is pretty scary.  Who listens to this?”
CIMG1795CIMG1796

 Then we came to the Puppy Shop.  “Please, Mommy, please?  Can we please get one?”CIMG1797CIMG1798

I couldn’t help it.  Had to ask to see one.  So so cute and I wish I could bring him home with me… if

1.  I didn’t have allergies

2.  Dagen wasn’t just like a crazy puppy dog

3.  They wouldn’t poop and pee all over the place and

4.  Dagen weren’t still doing the same in her own diaper.

I think are ALL pretty good reasons to hold off.

CIMG1808CIMG1818CIMG1819

This puppy was by far the cutest of them all.  I know people usually pick out dogs that resemble themselves.  This one DOES have dark hair and eyes just like me.  hahahahaha

It was a Shorkie.  A Shi tzu and a Yorkie mixed. 

Dagen screamed almost the whole time there.  Not cause she was scared of the dog, but just cause she is a screamer and a cryer.  She was quite a handful the whole night.  NO WAY ON THE DOG KIDS.  SORRY.

CIMG1810

You can’t go to the mall without stopping at the play spot for the kids.  They ran around til they were absolutely exhausted. CIMG1825

And then worked us over into paying a buck for this little merry go round.  CIMG1831CIMG1830

              THE END

1 comment:

Griffiths said...

I am so glad to see your kids following in your footsteps of loving the Old Country Buffet. (that's what it was called in MO too right?) I always remember either going there with you or you telling me you were going with your folks. :)
Looks like a fun night! I can't believe the summer is almost over.