Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Who’s Ready

For 

Campin’?

We drove almost 2 hours out to get out of the heat and into some nice roughage.  Kallie was a little sleepy and Dagen napped the whole way, but Jaidyn and Isaac giggled about the whole time.

IMG_9115 IMG_9121

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE XM Radio?  The spa station is heavenly! 

 IMG_9123 IMG_9126

First things first… setting up the potty area.  This is a new and very much needed addition to our camping gear, since we never ever camp in camping grounds with bathrooms.  Hallelujah, this was a great idea of mine!

 IMG_9127 IMG_9128

As we were getting the tents set up, Kallie gives out a loud shriek and we all stopped what we were doing to see what was the matter, thinking something really horrible happened.  Nope.  Just Kallie saying she heard a bug fly past her ear.

 IMG_9132

Soon after setting up tents, the boys went right to shooting cans. 

 IMG_9129 IMG_9136 IMG_9141 IMG_9143

Except, we had no cans to shoot, but lucky for us, there was an empty can of beersitting right in our camping ground!  What the?IMG_9148

Who needs ideas for entertainment, when ya got dirt? 

 IMG_9145

This is what the chips looked like at our new elevation! IMG_9147

This is what Dagen looked like 5 min into camping. 

   IMG_9152 IMG_9157IMG_9165IMG_9168IMG_9179

I don’t know why, but any stick the kids picked up resembled a gun to them.  Hmmmm.

IMG_9178IMG_9177

Jaidyn managed to find a baby lizard way out here and caught it!

 IMG_9170IMG_9171

Tay and Beck were in charge of dinner.

IMG_9183IMG_9185 IMG_9186IMG_9195IMG_9203IMG_9204

Jameson connected really well with Isaac’s car and the dirt.

IMG_9207IMG_9209

Who knew glow sticks could be so much fun?

IMG_9211IMG_9212IMG_9213

“Mommy, now I have THREE loose tooths!  This one is from Disneyland when I bit down on my lollypop…

IMG_9214

And this one is from the other day when I fell down,

IMG_9215

And this one is from tonight when i was eating my hot dog!”

IMG_9216IMG_9219

This little turkey woke up first and crawled in bed with us.  The first thing she did was sit on Mommy’s head and toot really loudly 2 times!  Hello!  Thank you Dagen, for the sweet awakening!

IMG_9222

Mike and I were in charge of breakfast.

IMG_9226

There were bees everywhere!  That were attacking the food and it was impossible to eat our food.

IMG_9227

So we took our food indoors and decided then and there, that our next much needed addition to our camping gear would be…. a screened in eating area. 

IMG_9229IMG_9230IMG_9233IMG_9237

Jaidyn got attacked by bug the night before!  Mosquitos, I guess.  But these bumps were huge and Jaidyn is, we all know, quite a drama queen, but these lil’ buggers gave her a lot of trouble.  She was very distraught.  Grandma put mud on the two big ones to help out.  She was limping all day.

IMG_9238IMG_9249IMG_9248

IMG_9250

Dagen’s favorite spot was at the wash station.  Anytime she’d get any dirt on her hands, she felt she needed to wash her hands.

IMG_9240

The guys took the kids on a little nature hike, while we took down a lot of our camp.

IMG_9251IMG_9252IMG_9253

2 comments:

Elizabeth Peterson said...

So much fun. I love camping! I love kids playing in the dirt too. So nice that you can take it all home and throw it in the wash!

Susan said...

ooo fun! Next time I go camping, I totally need to bring glow sticks! good idea! :)