Wednesday, May 13, 2009

“Please come

upstairs with

me.”

The kids like to hang out downstairs where I am, unless I MAKE them go play together upstairs.  They are ALL scared to go up there by themselves.  As long as they have someone else with them, they’re good.  There is a fight about it everyday, “PLEASE come upstairs, with me.  I always go with YOU when you ask me.”  The other day Isaac asked Kallie to go up with him and she said, “You don’t have to be scared to go up there Isaac, ‘cause Jesus is always with us.”

It doesn’t matter what house we’ve been in or what floor plan we’ve had, they have always been scared of one part of the house.  We thought with the last house we built, that the kids would love the upstairs with the big McDonalds tube slide going down from their room to the toy room below.  We had their rooms decorated in cute butterfly and pirate themes.  And Jaidyn and Kallie were even sharing a room.  It didn’t matter.  The kids were still scared to go down… even down the slide by themselves and only went upstairs if someone went with them.  It is the same in THIS house.  They each have their own rooms right next to each other upstairs and a huge game room full of toys.  What’s scary about that?

CIMG0685

Any suggestions on helping them not be scared?

6 comments:

Proudfit Family said...

maybe you should put all your scary halloween decorations in a room of the house so that way their scared of that room and the upstairs will be fun again.

Griffiths said...

Maybe try playing some fun kid music or church music in their rooms for them to listen to while they are up there alone?!? My kids seem to like that if I am not in their room with them.

kristen said...

Luke will go with them.

Brooke said...

Finally found your blog! It is your neighbor!!! As for how to not have them be scared... Hmmmm... I think I should get all mine done potty training before they are 10 and then maybe I will be worthy of giving advice. Until then, I am not worthy!!!!

Heather said...

Sometimes it's just an excuse not to leave. Many times their imaginations just get the best of them. I remember being a kid. I imagined some wacked out stuff.

Team Fifield said...

My kids have the same problem. And they fight all the time... and they don't listen... and they're hungry... and they're loud... ANY SUGGESTIONS??? I'm obviously not one to give you advice...
I kinda think they just go through phases.