Sunday, May 31, 2009

Roast Recipe

IMG_26601 onion (chopped into 1 inch pieces)

1 packet Lipton Onion soup mix

1 can cream of mushroom soup

salt and pepper

Brown both sides of the meat in a little oil.   Salt and pepper each side (about 18 shakes of salt and half the shakes of cracked pepper if you want an exact amt.  hee hee). Add chopped onions around and under meat and saute.  In a bowl, mix onion soup packet and cream of mushroom soup and then fill EMPTY cream of mushroom soup can 2 times full with water and add to the mix.  Pour mix onto roast and leave simmering for at least 5 hours.  The LONGER the better.  Love when the meat falls apart.  Then, if you’d like, you can peel some carrots and place on top of the roast and around it for the last hour.  Use the drippings for some VERY VERY TASTY gravy. 

IMG_2667

IMG_2668

IMG_2669

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Folks, I have eaten this! It is so good... now I can finally duplicate it! WOO HOO!! Thanks for givin' up the tricks!

Griffiths said...

Looks yummy!! Do you do yours on the stove top? I make it either in a crock pot, or in the oven.
Sometimes I add green beans or cut up potatos. Then wa-la all your dinner in one!

Melody said...

I usually do it on the stove top and use the same pot I brown it in. I have done it in a crockpot. Either way is yummy.